Saturday, November 2, 2013

REVOLUTIONARY WAR VETS RESTING AT SECLUDED CONNER CEMETERY

 Barely braking in time to notice this, I pulled over in the grass, excited to find this out in the middle of nowhere! As soon as I read the plaque, I went and scouted one mile both directions on the road, but with failure of finding this significant cemetery. After further research, I found out that Conner Cemetery is a small secluded cemetery out in what is now established farmland on private property. There is no way over the barbed wire fence, yet it beckons me to see it! It is rare to find the resting place of those who fought for our country in the Revolutionary War against the British. If I can find the owner of such property, perhaps he can show me this burial place that holds such  rich history. For now I can only gaze and imagine it through the trees in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment