Wednesday, November 6, 2013

SHATTERED HOUSE

This next place I came across, quite accidentally, is so restless and has an aura of vicious turmoil within the ghostly walls and dark hallways crippled with decay and sinking floors of filth. My eyes beheld this house, and under deep apprehension, I let my courage lead me thru the pathway littered with shards of glass, twisting vines, and wild weeds dieing from Autumn air. Everything about this house felt odd and images of suffering conjured inside my mind. The house suffered enough, left away to decay into the landscape, nature claiming all it could, but not stepping foot inside the front door. I was careful on the front steps, going up 4 shaky stairs, and then up to what was the front porch. The door was left open, as if welcoming me to step in. The wooden floors had given way to holes in some places, ate away by time, and I stood in the doorway thinking 'if I go in, I may fall inside', but I took the chance. The living room was littered with assortments of unimportance, except for two items. A teddy bear had been left, the bear face on the floor, dirty from dust and weather. A child's play race car was left as well, scarred in the same way as the teddy, scarred like the house. The doors were warped, bending in ways I didn't know a door could bend, holes punched in the walls, darkness around the corner leading to the bedrooms, it was too ominous and my heart couldn't chance to walk through. I walked through the living room, into the doorway of the kitchen, cabinets all left open, as if ghosts had flown them open out of rage. Window pains shattered, shadows from picture frames remained on the wall. A dark presence was in that place, and I do not think I'll go back




No comments:

Post a Comment